Along with basic information such as your name, address, postal code and name of your business, you’ll need to let us know about your business’ property (or properties) e.g. age of the building, number of stories, last time it was renovated, whether or not you have alarm systems in place, etc. We’ll also ask if you do business outside of Canada and whether you’ve had any previous claims in the past three years.
It’s easy! Just call a TruShield Insurance™ Representative at 1.844.429.9480. You’ll need to answer a few questions about your business and once your Representative has all the information they need, they’ll be able to provide you with a quote.
This is the right type of coverage for your business if you:
- operate in one to three locations
- have revenues of less than $5,000,000
- are in an eligible business class: Professional Services, Health Services, Shops & Retail, Commercial Property Owner
The amount of insurance you need depends on what kind of business you have, whether you have employees, the type of property you have along with other factors. Creating a detailed list of the assets attached to your business and the dollar value for each will give your TruShield Insurance Representative a good head start – he or she can then help you determine how much coverage you need for everything else.
While you can cover your business through your homeowner insurance, the coverage limits would be much lower than they would with small business insurance. Also, your home insurance wouldn’t be able to cover your income loss if your day-to-day business is interrupted by a covered event. It also wouldn’t help you if you’re sued by one of your customers for something your business did (or didn’t do) that caused injury or property damage. Some homeowner policies even exclude coverage for business operations.
Our insurance coverage was created specifically for small business. We recognize the importance of providing a timely response and being flexible when you need us to be. That’s why we offer:
- No minimum premium
- The ability to change your coverage as your business insurance needs evolve
- The option to cancel at any time
- Credit card and no fee payment options
Your small business package includes a number of “extra” coverages to ensure you’re fully protected:
- Equipment breakdown
- Sewer backup
- Business income actual loss sustained
- Employers liability
- Voluntary compensation
The TruShield Insurance solution was specifically designed for:
- Professional services (investment, insurance and financial services, accounting and bookkeeping offices, legal firms, management consultants, interior designers, advertising, design and public relations firms, recruitment and employment agencies, software development and data management services, engineering and architectural firms)
- Health services (medical specialists, dentists, physiotherapists, chiropractors)
- Shops and retail (hardware and building supplies, clothing, shoes and accessories, home décor and gifts, book stores, office supplies, flower shops, convenience stores)
- Property owners (manufacturing and industrial condominiums, building owners risks, office buildings less than 10 stories)
Yes, you’ll also have access to our Legal Assist® and Trauma Assistance® services available to you at no cost.
- Legal Assist®: Provides you with legal advice to any inquiries you may have that relate to your business.
- Trauma Assist: Confidential, professional counselling available to business owners, employees and their families to help them through a difficult period that can follow an insured loss.