1 minute read
HOW TO MAINTAIN PHYSICAL DISTANCING:
- Do not congregate near doorways, hallways, walkways, parking lots, break rooms, locker rooms, washrooms, time clock stations, etc.
- Stay away from crowded areas such as hallways, break rooms, locker rooms, or work stations.
- Consider taking your break or lunch outside away from busy break rooms.
- Follow all posted occupancy limits and signage.
- Alternate when you take your break and stagger when you start or end your shift.
- Use all provided modifications to workstations, such as plexiglass barriers and limit facing your co-workers on the manufacturing floor.
- Use all provided tape or markers on the floor that indicate where to stand.
- Observe any designated walking areas, one-way corridors, or stairwells.
- Only carpool with members of your household. If your employer offers transportation, sit as far apart as the vehicle will allow.
- If you are required to wear a mask or face covering, ensure that you wear one.
WASHING AND HAND SANITIZING TIPS:
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Sanitize your hands with an alcohol-based hand gel that contains at least 60% alcohol for at least 20 seconds unless your hands are visibly dirty.
- Wash or sanitize your hands prior to starting work, eating or drinking, putting on gloves and other personal protective equipment, using any shared tools or equipment, and taking any breaks. Also wash your hands after using the washroom or shared items, touching any high-touch surfaces, taking personal protective equipment off, and at the end of your shift.
TIPS ON THE USE OF PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Ensure that all personal protective equipment is used appropriately.
- Always clean your hands before putting on and taking off all personal protective equipment.
- Remove and dispose of non-medical masks or face coverings and gloves in a garbage bag immediately after use.
- Disinfect re-usable equipment, such as safety glasses.
- Refrain from consuming any communal food.
- Clean and disinfect any shared equipment or tools prior to and after each use.
- Clean and disinfect all high touch surfaces such as washrooms, shared offices, shared equipment and tools, common tables, desks, light switches, and door handles.
- Store your personal items in separate lockers or in sealed bins/bags.
- Do not share communication devices, personal protective equipment, cigarettes, or vaping equipment.
Thank you for your hard work in keeping us and the economy afloat! If you have a fever, a cough, or are having difficulty breathing, call a health practitioner immediately.
Download our full checklist today!